We are seeking an Assistant Public Defender to become a part of our team! You will represent clients in Local Criminal Courts. We are a small public defender's office with roles for six attorneys, and two support staff. We are nestled in the beautiful foothills of the Catskills region, in a reasonable distance of many wonderful destinations in the region.
We are a team committed to the representation of indigent criminal defendants, and family court parties, in a delightful rural practice setting. We would love to have you join us!
Please feel free to contact Sarah Hicks, Esq., directly at: email@example.com or by phone at: 607-832-5188.
• Represents indigent parties as assigned by the Public Defender in Local Criminal Court proceedings.
• Represents and counsels indigent parties at every stage of the proceedings.
• Initiates such proceedings which are necessary to protect the rights of parties.
• Prepares any appeal which is warranted under existing circumstances.
• Admission to the Bar of the State of New York.
• Valid New York State driver’s license.